Welcome to your first IELTS Test
Let’s get started!
This aim of this test is to find your true starting point and to help us track your progress.
Try to do the test exactly like the real one in this order, and keep to the recommended time limits:
- Reading Test – 60 minutes TOTAL.
- Listening Test – 10 minutes to transfer your answers to the Answer Sheet
- Writing Test – 60 minutes TOTAL.
- Speaking Test – this is a 2-minute recording.
You will need a free gmail account to access the Google Form for Writing and Flipgrid for Speaking.
The Reading Test
The Listening Test
- Print off the Question Paper and Listening Answer Sheet.
- Print off the Listening Question Paper
- Play the video from start to finish.
- Write your answers on the QUESTION Paper as you listen.
- Take 10 minutes to transfer your answers to the Answer Sheet (NB in the Computer-Delivered test you do NOT have 10 minutes, but you have 2 minutes between sections).
- Take a photo/scan and send your Answer Sheet to me here.
The Writing Test
- Choose either Academic or General Training – click the link below.
- Set your timer for 60 minutes.
- Spend 20 minutes on Task 1 (150 words) and 40 minutes on Task 2 (250 words).
- Stop after 60 minutes.
Academic Writing Test
General Training Writing Test
The Speaking Test
You will record yourself speaking for 2 minutes. You can do this on your phone, tablet or computer.
You have 1 minute to prepare your answer.
Describe a time when you had to return something to a shop. You should:
– describe the item
– say what you bought it for
– say what the problem was
and explain what happened when you took it back to the shop.
Click on the green button below. It will take you to Flipgrid. Simply click on the big green button to record your video.