Friday Feedback Learning Points
‘I blame the government for the crisis.’
‘blame’ is a useful word to use in essays that ask you to say who you think is responsible for a problem.
1) I blame the government FOR the problem.
2) I blame the problem ON the government.
3) The government is TO BLAME FOR the problem.
4) [Farmers] often LAY THE BLAME FOR their problems ON government policies.
5) People often PUT THE BLAME ON the parents.
6) The government is not TO BLAME for their problems.
7) I BLAME the parents.
8) Parents always GET THE BLAME FOR their children’s behaviour.
9) The blame LIES with the government.
Learn to use ‘the main culprit’ as a synonym:
‘The main culprit (thing/person to blame) seems to be modern farming techniques’.